Courtesy of Concordia University Wisconsin
JANESVILLE, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin competed against a formidable opponent on Friday morning and its season came to an end with a 6-0 loss to UW-Whitewater in the opening round of the NAA Tournament.
Final Score: UW-Whitewater 5, Concordia Wisconsin 0
Location: Premier Tennis and Fitness (Janesville, Wis.)
Records: UW-Whitewater 20-6, UW-Whitewater 20-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warhawks, ranked 34th nationally and eight in the region, allowed just two games scored by Concordia Wisconsin during doubles play to build a 3-0 advantage.
- UW-Whitewater then scored the fourth and fifth points after winning at the No. 4 and 1 singles position to win the matchup.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The senior class of Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.), Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) graduate as the winningest class in program history, compiling a 70-35 overall record and a 37-1 record. The trio won three-consecutive NACC regular season and tournament titles and elevated the program to regular appearances in the NCAA Tournament.
- Jacobsen will leave as the winningest player in program history with 122 combined victories (54 singles, 68 doubles).
- Carroll recorded 93 career combined wins (48 singles, 45 doubles), while Tresedder had 116 combined victories (50 singles, 66 doubles). Tresedder's 66 doubles wins it the second most ever.
- The Falcons 20 victories are the second most in a season, second to the 21-7 record compiled by the 2015-16 team.
- Sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) tied the program's single-season record for singles wins with 24, tying junior Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) who set the record in 2015-16. She also set the record for singles winning percentage (.889, 24-3) in a season.