Courtesy of Benedictine University
LISLE, Ill. -- The Benedictine University men's volleyball team won their first-ever conference regular season title on Saturday afternoon after sweeping Concordia University Wisconsin in straight sets. The Eagles, who share a piece of the title with Dominican University, will host the semifinals of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament on Thursday night.
Benedictine 3, Concordia Wisconsin 0
• Before the match, Benedictine honored their six seniors: Lewis Stein, Eric Krasich, Zach Loeding, John Mathews, Erik Kerber and Marcus Riemer
• Kerber gave BenU an 11-5 lead in the first set with a kill from Riemer
• Stein added to the lead with a kill of his own as the Eagles soared to a 25-7 win
• Benedictine hit .450 in the set with four blocks
• In set two, BenU limited Concordia to just three kills while the Eagles tallied 10 kills including three from Kerber
• Concordia briefly led in the beginning of the final set before a Mike LeGros and Kerber block gave BenU the 9-8 lead and they never looked back, winning 25-18
• As a team, Benedictine recorded 33 kills, a .377 attack percentage, 28 digs and eight blocks
KILLS: Nick Malak (8); Kerber (6)
ASSISTS: Joe Lock (24)
DIGS: Mathews (7); Krasich (6)
BLOCKS: Kerber (4 assisted)
The NACC Tournament will begin on Tuesday, April 10 with Benedictine receiving a bye as the #2 seed. The Eagles will host the winner of #3 MSOE and #6 Lakeland on Thursday, April 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the Dan and Ada Rice Center.