Courtesy of Concordia University Wisconsin
AURORA, Ill. -- Concordia Wisconsin won its sixth NACC regular season title in program history and the second in as many years with a 9-0 victory on Saturday afternoon at Aurora.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Aurora 0
Location: White Eagle Tennis Club (Aurora, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-11, 8-0 NACC; Aurora 5-9, 3-5 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin shutout its fifth NACC opponent this season and second in a row to win another regular-season league title.
- The Falcons won a pair of doubles matches by an 8-1 score and another by 8-6. The pairings of freshman Nolan Rademacher (Monument, Colo.) and senior Brad Guendel (Greendale, Wis.), along with sophomore Gabe Binversie (Plymouth, Wis.) and senior Ceejay Schaffner (Winona, Minn.) cruised past their doubles opponents to give the visitors a 3-0 lead.
- Guendel and junior Peter Kloda (Morton Grove, Ill.) didn't give up a game during 6-0, 6-0 singles victories.
- Rademacher, Binversie and sophomore Nathan Raskin (Shorewood, Wis.) all ended their respective singles matches with 6-1, 6-1 scores.
- Freshman Cole Werning (Watertown, Wis.) walked off the court with a 6-1, 6-4 win at No. 6 singles.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The win was the 10th-consecutive for the Falcons dating back to last season. They have also never lost to Aurora in 13 all-time meetings.
- Binversie, Guendel and Kloda have all won at least five singles matches in a row and are 9-1 over their last 10 matches.
- Concordia Wisconsin finished NACC play by not losing a doubles match and the total games during those matches accumulated in their favor by 187-49.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin, as the top seed, will find out on Tuesday night who it faces in the semifinals of the NACC Tournament on Sunday, May 6 at Neilsen Tennis Stadium in Madison, Wis.