Courtesy of Edgewood College
MADISON, Wisconsin -- Brian Davenport became the first Edgewood College men's tennis player to reach 100 career wins on Sunday afternoon at Quann Park. Davenport's historic win was the Eagles only victory in an 8-1 setback to UW-La Crosse.
Final Results: UW-La Crosse 8, Edgewood College 1
Location: Madison, Wis. (Quann Park)
Team Records: Edgewood College 2-13, UW-La Crosse 13-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brian Davenport reached his milestone win with a dominating performance over UW-La Crosse's Austin Stefanich at No. 2 singles. Davenport won 6-1, 6-2 for his 54th career singles win to go with 46 career doubles victories.
- Unfortunately, Edgewood College didn't have much success in the other matches. Evan Stone played a strong match at No. 1 singles with a 6-3, 6-3 loss to Kyle Wogahn.
- Sabastion Seeger pushed UW-La Crosse's Tommy Willar to the limit in the first set before falling 7-5, 6-0.
- In doubles play, Seeger and Jaime Benavides played the closest match, falling 8-4 at No. 2 doubles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Davenport joins five Edgewood College women's tennis players who have also reached 100 career wins: Kelsey Steinhorst (126), Anna Miles (126), Morgan Wilson (119), Laura Olsen (113) and Jessi Ditzler (102).
- Edgewood College will dive into conference play with two matches next Saturday. The Eagles will face MSOE at 10:00 a.m. before meeting Wisconsin Lutheran College at 2:00 p.m.